Goa Chamber of Commerce & Industry (GCCI) is Goa’s premier non-profit business, support-services and networking organisation. We represent and liaise with SME’s, Corporate Organisations and Government bodies. Membership of the chamber opens up a rich-resource of free essential business information, a busy and interesting events calendar and discounted conference facilities, and much more. The offices are conveniently situated in the heart of Panaji, Goa’s Capital and also in the largest industrial estate at Verna.
- To promote and protect interests of trade, commerce, and industry.
- To act as a catalyst in developing economy, trade, industry, commerce and the socio economic conditions of Goa and the nation as a whole.
- To build opinions and suggest pro-active options for enhancing competitiveness of business and industry by interacting with policy makers and experts.
- To facilitate the unorganized sector of trade & industry, as the unorganized sector contributes a major share in the industrial growth.
- To help the Government in providing a transparent administrative and tax system.
- As a pro-active organization of business, GCCI is committed to spearhead the promotion of a conducive environment forTrade, Industry and Commerce
A robust Goan economy with state-of-the-art infrastructure establishing Goa as the foremost state in Tourism, I.T., Education, Logistics and Pharma.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
To collect and circulate information and statistics on various matters of general, commercial and industrial interest.
To obtain the removal of all acknowledged grievances affecting mercantile and industrial interests, as far as possible.
To arbitrate in the settlement of disputes arising out of commercial transactions.
To co-operate with any other association with similar objectives and exchange information.
Organise special programmes – workshops, lectures, discussions & seminars on subjects of topical interest to members.
Maintain a record of all important statistical reports received from the Government including the annual Economic Survey of the state.
Endorse Price Lists, Invoices, Tender Documents, Agency Agreements, GMP Certificates etc. Issue on request from members, Letters of Recommendation to Embassies, High Commissions, Consulates & Trade Commissions for issue of visa to their officials planning to visit various countries for promotion of business.